Four 4 years at Jefferson Elementary School in Davenport, IA I planned, sorted out, facilitated, and advanced a youth corpulence avoidance, confidence upgrade program called Operation Pull Your Own Weight. The program was effective in an assortment of ways, and you can find out about them in an assortment of spots.
In any case, for the record, there were seven essential assumptions upon which OPYOW was manufactured, and anybody endeavoring to duplicate the program ought to know about them. Right away here are the seven central assumptions of OPYOW.
- A few children invest wholeheartedly in being awful. In any case, none invest heavily in being powerless muscle mammoth pull up bar. We assumed that all children, paying little mind to sexual orientation, race, nationality, or financial status, need to be solid in all things. No exemptions.
- We assumed that anything saw as a benefit (for example going out to see a film or a ball game) is more profoundly esteemed than anything saw as a commitment (for example getting your work done, tidying up your room, taking the trash out, washing the dishes). A benefit is something you get the opportunity to do, a commitment is something you need to do, and benefits are in every case superior to commitments.
- Having the option to perform pull ups is constantly connected with being generally solid and moderately light. Also, whenever dealt with accurately children can figure out how to esteem pull ups as a benefit, a chance to get more grounded, rather than a commitment to embarrass and mortify themselves before their companions.
- Children who can perform pull ups are NEVER OBESE.
- Children who are hefty CAN NEVER PERFORM PULL UPS.
- Utilizing a stature flexible pull up bar and a procedure called leg helped pull ups, practically any child can figure out how to perform them in an anticipated measure of time.
- In the event that the facts confirm that kids who can do pull ups are rarely hefty, and practically any child can figure out how to play out these, at that point it is obviously evident that practically any child can figure out how to inoculate themselves against stoutness for a lifetime by learning and keeping up the capacity to perform pull ups.
In case you’re a teacher hoping to start an OPYOW program at your school, your park locale, your Boys and Girls Club, your YMCA/YWCA, or your congregation, these seven assumptions ought to be remembered. They speak to the structure inside which an effective OPYOW program is manufactured.